Questions about us?
Questions about us?
What is the difference between Social Services and your services?
Social Services will offer a community care asssessment for care based on their priorities, not yours! As a public
and statutory service they have to respond to what they see as the most urgent care need in the community.
Our services offer you
1. Free advice from professional social workers on the first contact - no call centre
2. An immediate response - no waiting lists
3. The opportunity to discuss your options with a registered social worker when it is convenient to you and before
a crisis occurs - no restrictions of 9 - 5 Monday to Friday
4. Continuity of one social worker to see you through to the decision
5. Once the decision is made, help to arrange the care services which are right for you
6. We do make a charge but we give you an estimate in advance and aim to keep our costs as low as possible
- Are you CRB checked and trained?
- Yes. We are CRB checked and we have a programme on training to keep up to date. We are also trained in awareness of safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Can you give advice over the phone?
- Yes. We will always try to be responsive and helpful to your query. We will advise you if we think a more detailed response is needed and how it will help you
- Do you undertake benefit reviews?
- Yes, We always check that individuals are obtaining their correct benefits and concessions. We are trained to undertake this work
- Do you investigate complaints?
- We can investigate and report complaints and give expert advice in housing and social care matters
- Can you respond quickly?
- We aim to respond to your enquiry within 1 working day and start work for you immediately it has been agreed what we should do
- Are you available evenings and weekends?
- Yes. We can talk over the phone or meet with you at evenings and weekends if this is more convenient for you
- Do you work with statutory authorities?
- To bring the best outcome for our clients we will always seek a range of services that work for them. This will can include statutory authorities and voluntary groups.
- Do you work with local organisations?
- We will always review the local services available to see what suits best and from which you can choose
- Is your service confidential?
- Yes – unless there is an issue of safety to self or others in which case we have a professional obligation to take action. We will always seek permission first as to whom we can contact
- How much will it cost me, my patient, tenant or client?
- Depending on what services you want, we make it affordable by offering a fee structure to match. You can buy one off particular services or services at an hourly rate. Contact us for more details